Executive Headteacher's Welcome
I am delighted to have this opportunity to introduce our school website to you. I trust you will find the information presented gives an indication of the services on offer at King Henry VIII School for its students, parents and the local community.
We are committed that every student should have the best possible opportunities and education allowing them to succeed and flourish. Learning is at the heart of all we do, through high quality teaching we ensure every student’s talents and abilities are catered for allowing them to excel academically but also develop skills that allow them to become more independent in their learning and prepare them for life beyond school.
Mrs E Lewis
The school is recognised as having a positive ethos with a strong sense of purpose that maintains and promotes a safe and caring attitude based on mutual respect between all members of the school community. We aim to develop responsible young people that show a ‘can do’ attitude, show respect for themselves, others and the local community and use their time wisely, including having excellent attendance and punctuality.
School days must be a period of enrichment and enjoyment. Students are encouraged to enjoy and participate in a healthy balance of extracurricular activities. The school offers many activities in:
- Performing Arts (there are orchestras, choirs, brass bands and Drama clubs)
- Sport (there is a vast array of mainstream and contemporary sport clubs)
- Curriculum enrichment opportunities (subjects encourage participation in related trips, clubs and lunchtime activities)
- External competitions (including Rotary and other local and national competitions)
- Charity work (pupils are encouraged to be responsible citizens and to contribute actively to the life of their community)
- Work related education and higher education destination planning
- More able and talented activities including engagement in the national SEREN programme
Currently our normal operations are very different however we strive to continue to provide high levels of care and support for all our students, parents and guardians whether they are in school or learning from home. In addition, we have worked hard across our school community to develop a well-regarded on-line learning offer. As our students return, this term and next we shall ensure we support them as they re-engage in school life making sure their wellbeing and academic needs are met.
We hope that you will find our website interesting and should you require additional information please do not hesitate to contact the school.